11.17.2011

First Length Check: Relaxer Results

So I just returned from the salon for my much anticipated relaxer (I was actually nervous before I went - not really sure why?).

I had my stylist just flat iron my hair straight because I plan to jump right back into my wig tomorrow and wear my hair cross wrapped underneath. So here are the results (sorry for the poor quality - I still don't have a camera, so these are taken with my phone):


11.2011 Relaxer & Trim
11.2011 Relaxer & Trim
It's hard to get a sense of the growth because the damn lines on my shirt start at like APL! I think I'm going to get another shirt starting my next length check. You can check out my starting pictures here.

So regarding my actual hair appointment - everything went well for the most part. My hair has been in cornrows for the last 4 weeks since I've been wearing Mina. I got a steam treatment and a trim. My trim isn't actually jacked up although it may seem so from the photos - my BF took these and wasn't in the mood to have a photo shoot, lol! 

I don't think my stylist trimmed any more than normal, although she made a comment that I shouldn't wait as long between trims next time, which leads me to believe that she may have actually cut more than normal. Whatever the case, I decided that I really want my future long hair to look just as full and thick as my current length hair, so I'm committed to trimming with every relaxer and patiently working toward my goal.

I feel ok about my hair right now. This is the length that my hair has been most of my life (I got it cut into a bob one year ago), so it's funny because I almost feel like now is the start of my hair journey since anything significantly beyond this will be unchartered territory for me.

I usually relax every 12 weeks, but I'm thinking I will actually wait until the end of March 2012 for my next relaxer because:
  1. I'm planning to wear my wig through the winter in order to keep my hair protected, which means I'll be in corn rows
  2. If I go until the end of March, I'll only be adding another 6 weeks
  3. The end of March marks my 1 year hair journey, so I thought it may be kind of fun to get a relaxer and have my next length check then
So that's my story for now! I'm not really sure if what I'm doing is or isn't working, but I guess time will tell!




5 comments:

  1. Your hair is so pretty! I love the jet black color. I liked that length the most(on me not that I dont mind a little longer hair) so enjoy it while it lasts because you will be at APL no time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH Ms. D! I really appreciate the well wishes. I'm trying to get to your length next, so I'll definitely take note of your advice to enjoy it while it lasts! HHJ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hair is so healthy and pretty! I love how thick your ends are.
    When I used to go to at stylist for my touch ups, I would sit in the chair, and be incredibly nervous... I'm such a worrier, I'd sit there thinking about everything that could go wrong and how I was going to get out of getting a trim lol! I don't like telling people "no." I'd totally rehearse how I was going to tell the stylist I wasn't getting a trim lol.

    HHJ :)

    www.justgrowalready.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Jeni!!! I TOTALLY feel your discomfort regarding getting a trim. I was definitely nervous, but I knew I needed it because I managed to avoid getting one at my last relaxer in July and my stylist DEF gave me a hard time about it, so that's why I think she cut a little extra. The process is very nerve recking!

    ReplyDelete