1.18.2012

MN Update

I finished my first round of MN after using it for 4 weeks. I posted how I mixed it here. I purchased another tube of MN and am debating on how I want to mix it this time. I think I want the mix to be a little more potent this time. I'm debating between mixing it with my Amla & Olive Heavy Cream or with Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO).

I have just enough Amla & Olive Heavy Cream to make a mix that's 1/2 cream and 1/2 MN. Although the instructions on the packaging of the Amla & Olive Heavy cream say that you can use it on your scalp, it seems a little thick to me to use on my scalp. I checked the ingredients and everything seems ok for my scalp, but the consistency of the cream is thick and sticky. I don't want to risk clogging my pores, or doing anything to impeded growth. But I'm curious to try the MN in a scalp cream, vs. an oil.

On the other hand, if I use the JBCO, I will use 3 oz of JBCO and add the MN. I like having an oil base because once I apply it to my scalp, I believe the oil is able to penetrate other parts of my scalp that I can't reach since I have cornrows. With the cream, the only parts of my hair that are likely to have the cream on it are the parts where I apply it.

I think I'm going to visit Long Hair Care Forum and explore a few threads to see which may be a good option. Feel free to let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I mix 1 small container of Elasta Qp Mango Butter Moisturizer with 1 tube MN+ 1 tablespoon castor oil + 1 tablespoon coconut oil. I put everything in a medium deep container and I blend everything togethet with a hand blender. The mixture came out smooth like a cake mixture. I apply it day and night to my scalp. I came across MN last week surfing the web, and I am impress with the results. I have been using it for only 6 days, and I have seen little baby hair growing. Thank you Jesus for answering my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Remy - thanks for the feedback! It sounds like you have a nice mix and are seeing results. I like the idea of using the mango butter moisturizer + the oil. Maybe I'll try something like that? Since I couldn't decide how I wanted to mix my MN, I've been applying it directly to my scalp 1X per day. Fortunately, I haven't had any issues with headaches, or any other negative effects. I'll keep you posted. Happy hair growth!

    ReplyDelete